Garden hose faucet wrench

I'm writing an estimate for a job where I'll need to connect to garden hose faucets. Commercial buildings, some have 1/4 inch valve stem, most have 5/16, and one had

3/8 square valve stem.

The five dollar wrench set from Harbor Freight has some eight point sockets that should work the garden hose faucet stem.

I already own a couple "four way" faucet keys, but the unused ends get too close to the hose threads. I'd rather had a socket I can put on a ratchet wrench.

Any thing out there like this?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

After getting zero replies on AHR, I did a search on Ebay. Will be happy to report on that, if anyone asks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I searched on ebay and the web, and only came up with the cris-cross quad, and single keys with a big "t" portion. What did you find?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I see you're back to your same old crap of starting a brand new thread beginning with "Re:" aren't you?

Come on, get with the program.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Someone listed two very old single keys. I bought it now. Tried em yesterday, they do the job nicely.

The quad wrench "four way faucet key" I had wasn't suited, as it didn't have 3/8. It was also hitting on the spigot.

Will try them on the job some time.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

so, did what you buy have to top "tee" to let you get some leverage? Is that smaller than the four way key, so it won't hit the wall?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I don't consider follow up to be "starting a brand new thread". It notifies the gentle reader that there is new information in the thread. New thread would be for example if I changed the subject line to "Ebay find!"

Not sure what is the cause of your OCD, but please point it some other direction.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are granted my permission to complain.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We have pointed out in the past that when you add Re: to your subject lines, some newsreaders do not recognize the post as part of the original thread.

This is not your fault per-se, but it is a reality and it makes it hard for some gentle readers to follow the thread.

One solution would be for you to gently suggest that the folks who are experiencing the problem switch to a newsreader that does not exhibit this issue.

Another solution would be for you to be kind and not alter the subject line of your threads so that all newsreaders will maintain the cohesiveness of the thread.

Which solution you choose is obviously your choice, but I would like to point out that the vast majority of usenet users do not add Re: to their subject lines and therefore do not impact the gentle readers of their threads.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There is a third solution: just forget about it and tell any whiners to bugger off.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Would I be correct is saying that you are not one of those impacted by the breaking up of the threads?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There is a certain simplicity to your idea. Actually, I rather like it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please trim excess text (I did it for you). I can't remember. Bugger off.

Hey, that's a new one. I may be developing new skills which I can use in various contexts. "Hello, this is ABC company. Bugger off." New telephone greeting.

Honest, officer, I wasn't speeding! Now, bugger off.

This is going to be as much fun as the Hawaiian salute.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The Re: is part of my news reader, and it's common ettiquite in emails and news posts.

Frankly, I'd rather modify the subject line to keep it relevant, and risk losing a reader or two.

Usenet reader lives don't much matter to me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The problem that sent me searching, is that the four way faucet key got too close to the hose threads on the outdoor assembly. I wanted some thing where the handle was a couple inches away from the valve stem. The items I got off Ebay were longer, and so the turn handle is away from the hose threads.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

beats me.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

A bunch of stupid text trimmed.

Better?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If you are going to change subject likes, please keep them relevant. I don't recall saying anything about *my* newsreader. Why did you bring it up?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes, thank you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Derby's usenet reader matters.

Seemed sensible to make that conclusion.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon