Help fixing a running toilet

After I flush, the flapper doesn't completely cover the hole. I have to physically remove the live and push it down.

Anyone know what to do? Thanks.

Reply to
Wawa

Well that would depend on why it is not seating. Likely it is catching on something (likely an adjustment needed) or it is defective, replacement needed. If it is old and the rubber hardened then it needs replacement. Make sure the surface it is sealing is smooth, you may need to smooth it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I just did a test flush with the lid off and it appears that the flapper doesn't cover the hole because it gets stuck on the piping that it's attached to.

When I flush, the metal bar on the handle pulls the flapper up, and when it goes to settle back down, the junction piece that attaches the flapper to a the plastic piece of piping seems to get stuck.

So it seems that either the junction piece or the piping (which is kind of brown-looking) is the problem.

Thanks for your help. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Reply to
Wawa