Heavy bag in the basement?

Since when was that a relevant criterion?

Anyway, got to go now. Chthulhu gets cranky if I don't sacrifice by midnight, and you do *not* want to see him when he's cranky.

Reply to
Robert Low

Well, for any believing Christian, the spiritual side of Mormonism is plenty hard to take, once you know what the Mormon Church actually teaches. Here's a sample:

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's."

Doug Miller

------------------------ Why would I need to learn more about myself if I'm already all knowing?

When you send a message, make sure it applies to me also. Trust me, you don't want to be wasting my time.

Reply to
Abe

Atheism.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Only understood through prayer, and witness of the Spirit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yep. Went right over the top of my head.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on not praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading scriptures, and didn't have any commandments to live.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can't remember meeting you.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Atheism is NOT a religion, it is living a life without the need for such superstitiions. That said, I find religion fascinating and study it a good deal. It's interesting to learn what makes people behave in such strange ways. Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.

Reply to
Dan

Dan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Amen!

Reply to
baker

"Fraser Johnston" wrote in news:2srebhF1nt8b2U1@uni- berlin.de:

Dude ! like I totally remember jim, he was like totally the guy with the bad haircut and dodgy black suit, we pointed and laughed at! Just ask him? I'll bet that's a really really good description of him... >;-Þ Ted

Reply to
weirdwolf

Once upon a consulting assignment I ended up parked at the Glasgow Marriott, In idleness I picked up the copy of the Book of Mormon that was where the Gideon Bible should have been. Having read through a selection of chapters I concluded that the Monty Python team had bundled up all the stuff that was just to silly to go into "The Life of Brian" and sent it back via a time portal. It even made the Koran look sensible.

Reply to
Michael Ozanne

"Michael Ozanne" wrote

Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much of the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of land running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril. They hate you. I mean, they actively sit around and hate you- think up shit to do to you, do it when they can. There were some terrible and unjustified things done to them, and they haven't forgotten it at all. They are the basis for the survivalist movement; for the militia movement; for the separatist movement. They are a huge religious commune that acts in the corporate and political world as well. I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst them- weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

**purses lips.... adds "Mormon Conspiracy Theory" to long list of Chas-isms***
Reply to
Mike Sigman

"Mike Sigman" wrote

They're like a picture in a book for you, aren't they? So far, I'm the only one in the conversation that has actual experience with them, or fifty years of dealing with them. I married into a Pioneer Family; a fundamentalist polygamous enclave. I got to sit in the Gentile Seat on the Mormon Train a long time ago.

Chas

Reply to
Chas

So good old Sir Arthur not too far off the mark then?

We need to get them converted to Shorinji Kempo. They'd still be captives of a bullshit religion, but at least they'd be combat incapable.......

Reply to
Michael Ozanne

Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.

abnormal psychology

Oxymoron?....................Or would it be "normal psycholgy" That's the oxymoron?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Which part of what religions don't make sense?

Reply to
Wayne Dobson

For me, the 'God' bit, mostly.

Reply to
Karim Rashad

That would make a lovely gift for any occasion.

Badger Jones

Badger North