Hardwood flooring nailer

I am about to start a couple of Bruce 3/4 inch hardwood floor projects (2 homes). I want to purchase a nailer, but do not want to spend $500.00 or more for the pneumatic type. I can get the manual type for considerably less. I have never used the manual type before. What's the trade off? Will the manual type do the job as well?

Reply to
Bernie

I assume it is the type you whack with a hammer. Helped my son put in one. Took a little more care, and mananged to hit the wall a couple of times. For a BIG job, or doing a lot, how about renting the air driven stuff???

Reply to
professorpaul

I have rented the manual ones and they work fine. Millions of floors have been installed with them. It's a real workout though. I have never tried a pneumatic one so I can't compare. -- H

Reply to
Heathcliff

Tradeoff is physical labor. Buy the pneumatic and sell it on ebay when you are done.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hire a professional

Reply to
Professional

I had a bunch of siding to do so bought a siding nailer on eBay. I planned to turn it around when I was done (along with a half a box of stainless nails), but haven't yet. There are a bunch of "flooring staplers" on eBay.

Or:

krw

I agree. I bought a nice Bostitch from amazon and I'll just put it on eBay someday in the future.

I rented >

Reply to
Paulaner

Bernie:

I've only used the manual type and they do give you a workout. Some say they do a better job because it takes a couple of wacks to drive each nail and that sets the boards tighter together. If you've got the arms, the manual will do fine. If you don't, you will by the time you tackle the second house.

dss

Reply to
dss