Hardwood Floor Colour Change?

They will all fade seriously in southern sunlight, even light-stained oak. You might consider using a curtain on that window, or put uv blocking film on the inside of the window to prolong the natural color of your new floor.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

Water base finishes darken the least, windows with Low E will retrard suns effects dramaticly. I cant say for wood but oak is oak, teak is nicer in looks and is darker to start with. Never heard of Kempas. My red oak south facing with area rugs has not changed color even under rugs in 14 years . My glass filters most of the harmfull rays. Glass and finish are key.

Reply to
m Ransley

If I tint my windows, would that help? Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

I have a big south facing window that will allow a lot of sunlight in, especially in the Summer. I am planning to put either White Oak, Kempas or Cumaru (Brazillian Teak) in and I would like to ask which one is more prone to change colour.

And if it does change colour, which one will look worse comparing to the others?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

What are your windows now, are they faily new low E, Argon dual pane, do you have fading problems now.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
William Brown