Harbor Fright 20% coupon

Harbor Freight is about 50 miles from me. If anyone sees these canvas bags in person I'd love to know if they are heavy enough to carry a few welding tools in. Normally just some pliers, vice grips, wire brush chipping hammer, some leather and cotton welding clothes gloves and a helmet. I have a great masons bag I got on closeout at lowes, but it's not easy to get my helmet in there.

Tony

For less than four bucks, give it a try. If it's not suitable, carry your lunch in it. Or your bathing trunks. Or a opossum.

I bought a couple of their canvas drop cloths and they were pretty heavy duty items.

Reply to
HeyBub

Luckily the coupon is good for some time. Early-Mid January I'll be going to the airport, then I'll stop by and check out the store. Not quite worth driving 50 miles just for the canvas bag.

Reply to
Tony

I've found their canvas bags to be very sturdy. A bit rigid, the fabric isn't very soft.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I am very certain that if you go to HF that you will end up with more than just a canvas bag before you get out.

(Voice of experience...and I will never take my wife there again...too expensive.)

Reply to
BobR

"HeyBub" wrote in news:kdidnSOFiYWf_LTWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

...or "green" grocery bags.

Reply to
Red Green

Where did you come up with the site, salty??

Reply to
C & E

Harbor Freight? Doesn't everybody here know about them?

Reply to
salty

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The thing he is asking Salty is the ...boatus.html... piece of it.

None of the std HF links have that. And all the current HF coupons via links are a max of 15% the fast few months. And those, although frequently refreshed, only have a valid dates that are only a few days.

Reply to
Red Green

Looking the (boat.u.s.html) link, the 20% off coupon is good until

02/20/10 (print it once a week and use until then)

Oh, and the free LED light, if we must! (02/28/10)

Reply to
Oren

Online, $5.95 "handling fee" for men who need a 40x magnifier. And free shipping over $50.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Years before green was the thing. We had a canvas strap gadget for bringing fire wood into the house. Worked rather well. Such a canvas bag could hold a couple piece of wood near the hearth.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It take a true master of Coupon-Fu, but it is possible to escape the clutches of the store with only coupon items. Only a true Coupon-Fu master can accomplish such a task.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They sell tweezers, too.

Reply to
salty

He does it just to piss you off. Now he's happy, because he knows it worked.

Reply to
salty

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hgdc3r $ubn$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I had one of those decades ago as well. Basically a canvas bag with no sides. I guess it could be used as a grodery bag if you bought a bunch of salamis.

Reply to
Red Green

I've got about ten of those doggone LED flashlights (not counting the ones I've given away to ladies I date under the ruberic of "I saw this and didn't want you to be lost in the dark" which usually engenders unbridled affection).

The flashlights are really pretty good - and, of course, you can't beat the price.

Reply to
HeyBub

But the coupon/s are only good in the store.

Reply to
Tony

Now, this is really getting sick!

Reply to