Gutter slope?

Mine are about 1/4" to 10'. I believe that to be the standard.

Reply to
G Henslee

I'm installing aluminum gutters. Did a Google and found two home repair sites. One says the slope should be 1/4 inch per 10 ft and another says 1/2 inch per 10 ft. Anyone know the correct recommended slope?

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Thank you, 1/4 inch it shall be.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

What about the "elbow" that connects the gutter to the downspout? The elbow prevents my motion detector light from coming on, and I am concerned about someone having an accident because it gets very dark in that area. The man who does a lot of work for me sugested lowering the bend so the infra-red light could aim above it. Is there a "standard" for these elbows, and would his idea work as well during major storms?

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

Leave the angle the same )as the elbows suggest) and put a small piece of downspout from the gutter to the leader. Pop-rivet it together on the sides and add additional support if necessary.

Reply to
keith