Great way to paint

SWMBO and I recently spent the afternoon at a small independent movie theatre near me:

$12 Double Feature

1 p.m. - Monty Python's Life of Brian 3 p.m. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Not a bad way to spend $24.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thy're all old men now. There was some sort of a bust up years ago. There was talk of them reforming. Musta run out of money!

harryagain

You Yanks don't know nothing. This is the real man's way to paint a

Well heck, The Beatles broke up too. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Me and my buddies worked..."

You wouldn't say "Me worked..", so don't say "Me and my buddies. ." Correct is "I and my buddies.." Better is "My buddies and I.."

You've been watching too many badly scripted tv shows. Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

You Yanks don't know nothing. This is the real man's way to paint a

I haven't gone to a movie theater in years because I can't sit still for any length of time and Mr. Bladder would require that I sit in the back where I can't really see too well. And now with my legs as messed up as they are, I can't walk on an incline like the floor in a movie theater. Besides, I watch all the "new" movies on The Interweb. ^_^

I really LMAO at Monty Python because the group of goofballs define the term, "absurd". I don't know if there will ever be another bunch of wacky guys like that. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I don't have a TV I tossed it out 25 years ago.

This is Usenet and the way I speak here is just fine.

If I spoke 100% correct English here I'm sure I'd get harassed.

To demonstrate to you that I am capable of non-vernacular speech, take the example of sandwiches cut in half...then again so.

Had you had halfs, you would have had to have had half halves.

Reply to
philo

You know how they say that if you walk half way across a room, then walk half way again and then half way again and keep doing that, you'll never make it to the other side?

Shouldn't the same thing happen when you drop something? At some point it's half way to the floor. Later on it's half way between that point and the floor. Later still it's half way again. So how come it always hits the floor?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Sometimes called Zeno's Dichotomy Paradox.

Of course the object doesn't move by an infinite number of halves. In quantum physics, you can't measure infinitely small distances, uncertainty takes over.

Check out Wikipedia for a discussion of Zeno's Paradoxes.

Oh, also, I am not a physicist.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I suppose I should have written

Had you had halves, you would have had to have had half halves.

Was that Zeno's paradox?

If so I only read half of it.

Then half of the second half

Reply to
philo

OK, I see you knew that.

I once had to read "Psycholinguistics and Plato's paradoxes of the Meno".

I'm sure a lot of people here will want to discuss that one.

Reply to
philo