"Grass USA" Drawer Slides??

Hi all,

Hoping that someone can help, and tell me the part number for a "Grass USA" drawer slide, that I need a replacement for. The front wheel on mine broke off last night, and I am having a hard time trying to find the product number of this part.

At first I thought it was a "Blum" drawer slide, but I read that "Blum" has their name "Blum" stamped on there, along with the product number. My drawer slider only had a "G" on there, that looked like this: G*. After searching the internet, I found out that it was made by a company called "Grass USA".

There is NO numbers of any kind on this thing at all. And all the ones I have seen for sale all look different then mine, with the screw hole in the wrong place.

I found a pic from a guy, who has one exactly like mine, as he was looking for the back bracket. Notice in the pic how there are 2 screw holes, 1 on each side of the wheel, this is what I need. My brackets have a 1 screw hole to the left of the wheel, and 1 screw hole to the right of the wheel.

Here is a pic of what my slider looks like:

Does anyone know what part number this one is, and where I can find a replacement??

Thanks!

Reply to
MICHELLE H.

You can talk with these people

Michael B

Your pictures are not worth 1000 words. Too small, unlabeled, etc. I can't tell what's broken. This might be a thing where you need to modify and adapt. Is the wheel detached, or is the piece that holds the wheel broken into pieces? Fitting a new loose wheel (readily available) or modifying a similar bracket to make it work in your situation are options.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Yes. the wheel completely broke off, and when the wheel broke off, it failed to stop the drawer from coming all the way out, and so the metal track/rail that the drawer fits into bent as well.

Reply to
MICHELLE H.

The thing is, even if I find a new wheel, the original wheel which snapped off, was soldered in place. I don't have any soldering tools, to solder it in place?

Reply to
MICHELLE H.

For Gawds sake, get a new slide and quit whining.

I need a wheel, but I can not install the wheel. I would say there is one chance in a few million that it is soldered on, likely welded or pressed in. Hmm? Maybe get the wheel and hire a welder to weld it on? That would be cheap, right?

Get a new slide.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Those are a very generic, inexpensive roller slide.

Take the one you've got to local building supply/big box/hardware store and pick the closest pair they've got and replace the pair on that drawer. In a week you'll not even remember they're not quite the same.

Be surprised if they're more than $5-7 the pair...

Reply to
dpb