Granite tile edge polishing

Hi,

I just installed a granite tile countertop on my outdoor bbq island. Where there is an edge reveal on the counter and the tile edges show, the non polished edge looks bad. What is the best way to polish this so it has the same luster as the face of the tiles?

Reply to
Borax

you take it to a place that does it with diamond machines. kitchen countertop fabrication places. it's a lot harder to do with it installed, and takes a LOT of elbow work.

start with fine sand paper. work finer and finer and then polish with rouge on a buffer wheel.

it costs around $1/inch at most places.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Have the edges polished before installation. Any shop fabricates granite tops can do it.

It is expensive and hard to do after the fact .... labor ==== $$$. It may be cheaper to replace the unpolished tiles with polished tiles, instead of paying someone to come and polish the edges in place.

Reply to
MikeP