Granite Countertop Negatives

How do you keep water from pooling around the faucet? A normal sink routes such water into the sink. These "under mounted" sinks obviously can't do that. The drippage from wet hands just sits there. Also there is a caulk line under the lip that can get grungy.

Reply to
Davej

Simple solution. You don't have to use an under-mount sink with granite, it just makes it possible and many, probably most people prefer that. On the plus side, you can easily sweep any water, food crumbs, etc from the counter into the sink. I just saw some new sinks on TV that fit flush to the counter top too, not sure how the faucets are positioned on those.

Reply to
trader_4

I never had water pooling around the faucet unless a washer was worn. Fix the faucet. On my sink the faucet handle is over the sink, plus I shake the excess off my hands. Even that bathroom I never get water around the faucets.

I have three undermount sinks and you don't see the caulk or whatever was used to seal them. Nothing at that line that does not wipe off with regular cleaning or wipe with a sponge.

They stay cleaner than the old sinks.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski