Granite bathroom backsplash and sidesplash - Adhesive?

I need to install my bathroom granite back splash and side splash and was wondering what the best method would be to install it. Should I just use PL400 adhesive? I am thinking I shouldn't in case I need to take the granite counter top off some day. I am not sure what adhesive to use. I was thinking I may be able to get away with some silicone on the back and bottom of the back and side splash. Not sure.

Also should I seal the back of these before I put them on? I am thinking just the front will need to be sealed. While I am at it, what type of sealer should I pick up? I have grout sealer, but not sure if this is what I should also use. I am told I need to seal the granite counter top once every year.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Doobielicious

When they installed my granite countertop they used construction adhesive to glue the backsplash to the wall and then silicone caulk to seal the seam between the backsplash and the counter. They did not glue the bottom of the backsplash to the counter.

They did not seal the back. in fact it was rather rough cut and I'm not sure sealing would have worked.

-dickm

Reply to
dicko

When they did my kitchen ( with back splash) they used only silicone. He said in some cases the liquid nails or construction adhesives bled threw.

Reply to
Sac Dave

"Sac Dave" wrote in news:CbH2k.199$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

Check the adhesives section at your hardware store. You'll find products labeled for granite. I seem to recall that Liquid Nails has one.

Reply to
Steve