Google Rant (was hole size for taps

> snipped-for-privacy@>>

>>> On Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:08:32 AM UTC-5, herb white wrote: >> >>>> I need a chart that tells what size hole to drill when cutting >> >>>> threads in metal. Where would I find that ? thanks a lot >>>> herb >> >>> >> >>> I'd bet that if you used google, you'd find it in about 5 secs. >> >>> Google is your friend. >> >> >> >> Google is *NOT* your friend !! It is one of the biggest data-mining >> >> operations on the web , and they have been known to turn over your >> info to >> >> the feds . A much better option is
, which uses >> Google's >> >> search function but they do not record or store any of your >> information . >> >> There are other search engines that are similar , but I like >> startpage . >> >> -- >> >> Snag > > So you say. I'll bet Google will find him his tap table. Google > works for > me and hundreds of millions of other people. Google's Android works > mighty > fine on my Smartphone. I've had no problems with google invading my > privacy. What do you have to hide? This is like the nuts that have > it in for MSFT, Apple, and insist we should all be using Linux. I > say, use what works for > you.

Well , I never said that Google didn't work extremely well . And it's not that I have anything to hide , but I take great exception to them mining my data and searches and selling it to third parties - whether it be the gov't or a marketing company . Haven't you ever wondered why the advertising on virtually every web page you visit seems to be tailored just for you ? That's because it is ! And while we're on the subject , I also use an ad blocker program . What makes them think they can use bandwidth I pay for to push their products on me ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Starrett used to hand these out for free, they probably still do to clients, being retired now I have no idea.

CraigT

Wow, and you say that like it's a bad thing. I google for chainsaws and along with the search they show me ads for online stores selling them at good prices along with stuff that might be used by someone buying a chainsaw.

And while we're on the subject , I also use an ad

Well, I guess the fact that you are using their free service? What makes you think companies should provide you with search engine services for free and not make money somehow to support it?

--

If you object to anyone using any of your bandwidth to show you ads, that sure rules out much of the internet.

Reply to
trader4

Now you've done it. His tin foil hat is all ruffled up and glowing!

Reply to
Mike

Gee thanks , I've never had a tinfoil hat before ! OK , so objecting to any and everyone collecting data about me , my shopping habits , what web sites I visit , etc is apparently considered a "bad thing" by modern progressive citizens . So how about I drop in on you in the bathroom to see what you read while you take a dump ? Or maybe come in your bedroom while you're making love to your wife , because that might give me information about which products would "enhance your lovemaking experience" ? It's all the same thing , gentlemen , just a matter of degree .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

You reminded me that I bookmarked this search engine awhile back.

claims to be the most private search engine. Darned if I know. I've been using Bing partly because it isn't Google.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I've had good results with

Stormin Mormon

I just don't know where to begin.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It looks like the same people run both. Click the "Click Here". The same name is on the bottom left of both second pages.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman