Goodman Heat Pump

Keep up with the ad hominem. It shows how weak your substance is.

Reply to
CJT

CJT, Are you really that retarted? So you think installing a unit half the cost, twice, is better? What about the installing labor cost? Your economics thinking is a little warped. If you are purchasing Goodman equipment wholesale and can get parts wholesale and do your own repairs then I can say, YES, Goodman would be a good buy for you. Personally, I wouldnt have a Goodman in my home. Do I sell them? You bet your ass I do. If someone insists on a cheap install, Im happy to help and they get a Goodman. Instead of them getting the standard "One year free service" by us they get the 90 day warranty. Why? Because its going to break. They want cheap, thats what they get. You want something better, I can do that too. The customer is always right and I give them what they want. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Of course one must do the calculation with total cost, including installation.

Your

Reply to
CJT

brand cuts so deeply into

warranty than any other

less money for these

for several years and

claims that goodmans are

believe anything they say.

single person in the

Bottomless money pits is

after parts on them.

bad-mouthing them.

as much as the model

last half as long

economics.

than half, because

point, you're likely

installing a unit half the

labor cost? Your

purchasing Goodman

and do your own

good buy for you.

Do I sell them? You

install, Im happy to

getting the standard "One

warranty. Why? Because

they get. You want

is always right and

You know,... you guys keep stressing how important the installer is. And then you only give a 1 year warranty on your "better" line? Is it the equipment or your installers that you don't trust? The company I work for gives 5 years on Goodman. They(Goodman) warranty the parts and I guess my boss just has better guys doing installatons than you do because he's not losing any money. Go figure. BTW, there are exceptions to the warranty such as filters and condensate pumps.

Reply to
Kathy

Not only that, but I think their arguments would have a bit more credibility if they were more civil when presenting them. What I've read here doesn't exactly inspire confidence in these "professionals."

Reply to
CJT

They give 5 years warranty on labor??? I find that hard to believe unless they charge extra up front. We are pretty generous by giving 2 years. Parts are 5 years, and then whatever the manufacturer offers (10 years on compressor, limited lifetime on heat exchangers, etc.).

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

5 years on what? Parts or Labor or both? 5 yrs parts is standard on most everything. Labor is up to what the installing company wants to do. Standard is usually 1 yr from the installing company. I choose to do 90 days on Goodman because of their quality. The units are ok but they are cheap and they are cheap for a reason. If the customer so wants, I can offer them a 5 or 10 year parts and labor warranty on most all equipment. Customer is always right. Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

replying to kam, Dan Rickert wrote: Did you ever find a manual for this unit? I actually have one still in operation and need to know what the capacitor size is. I don't trust the one that's in the unit now and I don't know how else to figure out what the capacitance is other than to read the manual.

Reply to
Dan Rickert

Wade Garrett