"Clean Check" backvalve experience?

Does anyone have any experience with this product (or comments on what they say)?

My sewer guy warns me that many 'flapper'-type valves are prone to failure - I wonder if this product is a possible solution since it can be removed and cleaned without needing a manhole in my yard (or digging up the yard).

TIA,

Scott

Reply to
sclind

No experience with that one but it looks like a great device.

Does he say if your city will approve it?

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

It looks like it would be harder to repair / unclog / replace. The flapper type can clog when they are installed in a vertical pipe. My supply house says to put them in a horizontal pipe whenever possible.

Reply to
Bob

I've had a flapper type in my basement for 8 years without problems. I did replace the first one because it had a junky case. The top screwed on with

4 screws and seemed capable of leaking under pressure. What good is a backflow valve that might leak. The second one had a nice screw on cap with gasket system. Both use a flapper with no issues to date.

Reply to
Art

I'd still have to find out about that.

Scott