Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

Of course, there's plenty of things equally deadly and you can never stop all of them.

Reply to
Sam E

No, actually, it's not. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels also disagreed.

Good company you're in there, Kanter.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You're right, but prepare to be spanked by a few of the delusional here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I doubt that's much of a reason. If the person doing the driving is headed to a parking garage in this city (and others), chances are they have to walk somewhere to get to their office. So does their passenger. The same problem exists for trains & buses, but that doesn't dissuade thousands of people who get into Manhattan that way every day for work.

I had a neighbor who once said he'd never take a bus because he didn't like being around "the kinds of people you see on buses". Oh boy. Mass transportation turned into a racial issue.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Care to elaborate on that, Tony?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Clinton. (1994)

Reply to
Doug Miller

Race or class? It seems to me that the "kind of people you see on busses" is in large part a function of being poor and not having another option.

Reply to
Pete C.

As empty and bogus an argument by the anti-nuke propagandists as there is. Development of nuclear weapons by a "rogue state" in no way depends on the presence of civilian nuclear power plants.

Reply to
Pete C.

Either way. I wonder how many others avoid mass transportation for the same reason.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No, it doesn't depend on civilian facilities. However, as you are now well aware, fuel from civilian plants can (and has been) turned into fuel suitable for nuclear weapons. The presence of a "legal" civilian facility eliminates the need to shop around for a fuel source.

Please don't continue to dispute these facts. You are about to look silly.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Moreover, that presence *also* provides a convenient cover story.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The 1.2 amps is probably peak current while the degaussing coil is operating. That happens for only a few seconds at turn-on. Operating current should be lower.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale

It can be, but with substantial reprocessing. Suitable material can also be made from raw materials with similar extensive processing. Kind of like trying to ban automobiles because they can be reprocessed into guns.

Civilian nuclear power plants have more than enough positive value, particularly in these days of "climate change" to justify the very low risk of them providing any advantage to a "rogue state" trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Reply to
Pete C.

No, that's ridiculous, at least for conventional hydroelectric installations with water storage. It takes much less water to keep an unloaded turbine running at speed than when it is loaded. So when the load is light, less water is discharged from the reservoir, which makes a fixed amount of water last for more days of operation.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale

Nuclear weapons apparently aren't a major concern anyway. If they were, A.Q. Khan would not be a free man right now. But, he works for one of our so-called "allies", so we haven't arranged an accident for him, even though his activities continue.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Getting a hard on" is just a fringe benefit.

Killing the mopes is where it's at. It's in the Book.

Reply to
HeyBub

You should join your retarded cousin George in the White House.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, it's not unexpected is it?

Reply to
trader4

True.

*I* however am neither a charity nor a corporation. Providing money to Saudi Arabia is not in violation of existing law.

If you're pointing out that the CONCEPT already exists, I agree. Still, your original complaint was with the COUNTRY of Saudi Arabia, not some ephemerial charity.

Even so, that some would disallow ME to do with my money what I want, based on the notion that they know better than I what is best for me, is abhorrent and vile.

Reply to
HeyBub

Well, it's not unexpected is it?

When car makers began dealing with emissions problems, what made them do so?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom