Good reason to wrap your own trimmer line spools.

Wonder why your Black and Decker trimmer line feed suddenly stopped working?

I did. Fought and cussed at it for a couple of hours until I realized the three factory wrapped spools I recently bought at HD were wrapped backwards.

Made in China. Part AF-100-BKP

I re-wrapped them the correct way and now it works fine, again.

Reply to
gonjah

I think that's an unfair shot at Amazon. I've bought a lot of things on Amazon and have not had a problem. Very often what you find on Amazon or Ebay is the same stuff you'd get from ACE hardware or the local parts shop.

Reply to
trader4

Could they have been mounted upside down????

Reply to
hrhofmann

No. They only go in one way. The sprocket side towards the trimmer.

BTW, the trimmer is a really good one when the line is wound correctly. It's worked flawless for approx 5 years now. Black & Decker 18 volt cordless Grasshog trimmer/edger. Only problem is, on a large job I need two fully charged batteries.

Reply to
gonjah

Menards (Wisconsin-based "Home Improvement" chain) had the B&D spools on sale a while back, but while I was looking at them one of the employees told me, "Don't bother buying those; just buy a 'bulk' spool and rewind your original one."

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy