glueing a window

One of the windows in my mobile home came out, probably because the adhesive gave way; the home was built in early 80s. There had been a vinyl strip on each edge of the window to help hold it in place, but this has been missing for some time.

I have got the replacement glass but I haven't been able to find the kind of vinyl strip (for exterior) that was used to help hold it in so I suppose I will need a strong type of adhesive.

The glass is only about 1/8" thick.

The frame doesn't have any type of holders for the glass. It just sets in, vertically, and is glued in place.

How is the best way to adhere the glass to the aluminum frame? Is there any other way to anchor the glass to the frame?

Reply to
newman

Silicone sealants work just fine on glass. Find a nice clear one or even white if you want it to resemble putty. Should be good for several decades.

Joe

Reply to
Joe