glue to attach flashing to aluminum roof

Just purchased a house with a metal roof. When it was built 3 years ago, they missed adding gutter or flashing to redirect the water coming off the roof where the roof meets at strange angle.

Very small area, only a foot or two at the edge of the roof. I just want to use pre-bend aluminum flashing to redirect the water.

What is the best caulk/sealer to glue to the roof, and seal the angles?

Reply to
ArghArgh

Unless someone gives you a specific adhesive they used head to the hardware store. There is a variety of urethane construction adhesives that will hold up well. I built a stone wall with it so holding a piece of flashing should be easy.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are bin bolts or sheet metal screws with washers like the bolts have. Use regular silicone sealant between the sheets. Ideally, of course, the sheets are positioned so the water doesn't climb an edge.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That was my first thought too, is it possible to slip it under the metal roofing, not on top of it. I have no experience with metal roofing, but doesn't it typically have standing seams a couple feet apart? That's what the ones I've seen look like. If so, how can flashing go on top?

Reply to
trader_4

Whatever I used I'd back it up with a few pop rivets or sheet metal screws for good measure - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder