Glacier Bay Faucet - worth the price difference?

All,

I have recently started some minor updates to a condo I purchased - one place I'm focusing on is the bathroom faucets - way outdated!

I noticed a HUGE difference in price when it comes to HD's Glacier Bay - so I thought I'd try them out. The sales rep did inform me that there are NO replacements parts readily available for these...but all in all - they are good faucets. I installed a 4" center set by the book - and it works fine - looks great too. I have noticed however, that there is a slow (drips every

10-15 minutes) lead on the cold water side. That led me to this newsgroup.

I have seen some prior posts - and I realize that some of you think these things are trash - I'm beginning to think that might be the case. Anyone know what the problem could be? I dont have too much pressure going to the faucet...and ive tightned everything properly...not too tight - but not too loose.

Or.. should I bring these things right back to HD and spend more for something I wont have to screw with every 6 months?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Lang

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:54:36 -0500, "Chris Lang" scribbled this interesting note:

Sounds like you already know the answer to your question...

John Willis

My idea was to use mine for a temprary unit til I get thngs how I want them and then buy the "good" stuff.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®