GFCI receptacle question

Is it possible for a GFCI receptacle to go bad in the sense that it trips when it ordinarily would not?

Reply to
Neal

That particular failure mode is outside of my experience with thirty plus years in the craft. That does not mean it is not possible but I am dammed if I can see how.

-- Tom

Reply to
Tom Horne

Yes.

jim

Reply to
jim evans

"> Whats a gfci

Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter

Reply to
Steve Newman

I had a GFCI breaker that would do that. First it was only during thunderstorms. After awhile it started tripping out if the humidity got too high. Of course, I was not sure if it was tripping for a good reason. Finally decided to replace it and see what happened. The new breaker has not tripped so far.

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz