GE refrigerator clicking relay

I have a GE GSH25SGRE. Last night ice and water dispenser stopped dispensing...control panel appears to work, but nothing comes out (nor does it sound like its trying). This am a relay on the control board is clicking constantly. Quick call to a repair guy who is too busy to come out...he said its the control board. Anyone??

Thanks for the help...

Reply to
TSLtrek

Try unplugging the fridge for a few minutes?? Like a power reset for any electronics? Good luck

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Have a look at the board, depending on when it was made, you might find several bulging/leaking capacitors which will need to be replaced, otherwise it might be as simple as a cracked solder joint, I see those all the time and have fixed piles of equipment by just touching up some soldering.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi, That replay may be driving a motor which exctracts ice cubes from tray. Maybe motor is jammed by ice build up. Not a good thing. May damage the motor or replay or both.

Reply to
Tony Hwang