GE Commerical Washer.. need special screwdriver

Had a coin-op washer in one of my apartment building freeze, causing an internal leak (it has been a wicked winter). Would like to replace the part that was ice damaged (washer is fine otherwise), but I can't get into where the leak is. The screws that secure the covers are a strange, torx like fastener, except it has a nipple in the middle of the divet. I guess these are some sort of security screw to keep yahoos from stealing parts (like the change box) on the machine. What is this special screwdriver called and where do I get one?

...a very frustrated landlord..

Matt

Reply to
Matt Mason

"Torx security"? "Security Torx"? I have a set of all kinds of "security bits" (including the ones you described) that I got at MicroCenter, but I am trying to recall where I saw some again recently -- Sears? Wal-Mart? Menards (mid-West hardware store chain)? Lowes?

MB

On 02/19/04 10:32 pm Matt Mason put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

The obvious NAPA, SNAP-ON, MAC-TOOLS, most hardware stores.

Reply to
kjpro

You can get them at Autozone, I got a set there and I just call them torx security. they are bits that fit into a bitholder so if you do not have one you may want to pick one of those up also. the set is 15 dollars approximately. nataS

Reply to
natasrof1

Hi,

Torx security driver....usually a T 15, T20 and T25 size are very common sizes....even most GE depots should also have them, that is where I got my set for the commercial laundry products.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Lowes has them, in Bocsh brand.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

According to Minnie Bannister :

Iffen you can't find them at generic hardware stores, try an industrial fastener (nuts, bolts, screws and similar hardware) store or a store that caters to tools for contractors.

That's where I got mine (Ottawa Fastener Supply does both fasteners and tools ;-).

Reply to
Chris Lewis