gas service plans

I took out a service plan on my boiler and water heater from my gas company, keyspan. Was this a smart thing to do? Is this the equivalent of having HD install windows in your home?

Reply to
Josh

I got it basically as an insurance plan. It cost a couple bills, but I figure, if even a single thing goes wrong, the labor charge alone just to diagnose the problem would cost that. My concern is with the quality. If there was a problem, would I even *want* them to work on it?? Does keyspan hire all the lowest bidder contractors, or can I trust their work?

| | -- ||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| || Malcolm Hoar "The more I practice, the luckier I get". | || snipped-for-privacy@malch.com Gary Player. | ||

Reply to
Josh