Dupont Zodiaq long term durability??

Installed a brand new Zodiaq counter in December. Made my first warrantee call within one week because I noticed a few small pits. They came and repaired them. By middle of February, there were dozens of these small pits, and new ones forming every day. Once again, I opened a warrantee claim and Dupont agreed to replace the entire countertop. They are starting the work in about 10 days, but of course, I am concerned that there is a product flaw that allowed this to happen which will force me to deal with Dupont much too much over the ten year warrantee. Does anyone know why these pits developed in the first place, and can anyone provide some reassurance that this was a unique experience, and not an endemic problem with their manufacturing processes? Thanks.

Reply to
sandpipers

According to Consumer Reports, it is a good material for countertops.

Reply to
Art

I don't believe this is at all normal or common.

I would suspect a manufacturing glitch with the raw materials or the process.

I think the chances are very good that you'll be satisfied with the replacement countertop.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar