gas meter - fixture distance

Is there a minimum distance where a light fixture (outdoor) can be installed around a gas meter?

thanks

Reply to
a2rjh

This shows clearance of 3' for electrical components.

Codes can vary locally; it may be smart to call the gas company and local building inspector.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm sure you intimate with the gas inspector.

Reply to
krw

I'm sure she was only doing what she was paid to do.

Reply to
krw

If there is a minimum distance, I'd ask why.

A gas furnace, water heater, kitchen range, all have gas and electric in very close proximity to each other.

Reply to
John Smith

Years ago around these parts, gas meters were installed INSIDE the home and had to have clearances from outlets.

Somebody told me that they want clearance from electrical panels and meters and whatnot in case loose wires fall. They don't want the loose electrical wire touching the gas pipe or meter.

no idea if it's true but it's one theory

Reply to
Hench