Garage door opener problem

I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener that is giving me fits. I can't program both remotes to work at the same time. Each will work, but not at the same time. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks Fred

Reply to
fredbarga246

At 11:07 Don said: I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs old...but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time.

And then...

At 11:13 Fred said: I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener... I can't program both remotes to work at the same time.

Wow! 2 different people with the exact same problem at the same time. What are the odds?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Reply to
fredbarga246

Hi, Multi post and top posting is bad! I think your remotes are out of frequency alignment aainst receiver on the opener. Can you pick/try different code?(usually by dip switch settings.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They change frequencies automatically. Each will work alone, but can not be programmed to work at the same time. You program one and it kills the other.

Reply to
fredbarga246

I can stand on a ladder at the opener control panel, and it still will not work both. There is little time lost when trying to program them. It seems like programming one kills the programming for the other.

Reply to
fredbarga246

I can't find my book but I think there is a pretty short time window in which you have to set up all the remotes you want to use.

Reply to
gfretwell

Odds are you can find what you need to know here:

or else by using google. You don't give us the model number, and I don't have ESP, so it's up to you now...

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Robert Barr

I have a single garage door (faces west), and a double (faces south west).

Each garage door opener came with two remotes, each having dual buttons. The installer some how got all four remotes to work as intended (large button is double door and small one for the single door)

I think his trick - one remote in each hand as he programmed them. He made it look simple.

Reply to
Oren

Well why did they work before?

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

I looked at the cheat sheet I wrote on the side of the opener with a sharpie pen. I wrote "in 30 seconds" with a circle around it so I bet that is the window.

Reply to
gfretwell