garage door opener

I have a strange problem with my opener. It works fine with the wall mount control, but with the car remotes, it will only open. The car remotes won't close the opener. I have to get out of the car, close the door with the wall control, and then run out before the door closes.

This is an older Craftsmen opener. Any idea's on what the problem could be?

Thank you.

Reply to
rfofaky

The batteries are new of course. Did the antenna come loose on the unit in the garage,

Reply to
ransley

Any possibilility someone screwed around with a switch setting on the opener? Although I've never seen it, this sounds like it could be some kind of optional safety setting, that only allows the remote to open, but not close the door.

Other than that, I can't think of why the remote would only work in one direction. The remote doesn't know if the door is up or down. It only sends a command to move, so something in the opener must be responsible. Also, have you tried removing power for 15 secs and then reconnecting?

Reply to
trader4

Are you sure it won't close with the remote - have you tried it while parked in the gargage?

If you've got a cold garage like me (given that it is -17 today, the garage will be around 20) then the battery will cool to such a point that its signal is very weak. So weak that it will work when I'm parked in the gargage, 5 feet under the unit, but not when I've backed out 20 feet. That would be my best bet. I started taking the remote into the house at night.

Moo

Reply to
Moo

Reply to