Garage Door cannot open.

My garage door opener suddenly stops working after about 5 years. The opener is a Lift-Master 1/3 HP with chain. After press the remote button to open/close the garage door, I can hear the (moter ??) sound, but the chain doesn't move. Does anyone have an idea which part is broken? What do I possibly need to fix it?

Also, the previous owner did not have a manual when I bought the house. Where can I download/buy a manual?

Thanks Scott

Reply to
zcui

Laura

Google

Reply to
Stubby

Your plastic gear and sprocket is worn out. Remove the cover you will find white plastic debris inside. Easy to repair.

Rich

Rich

Thanks all for your reply. As Rich said, I saw, after opened the box, the biggest plastic gear (vertical axis) was worn out. Now my question is where sell the opener parts?

Thanks a lot. Scott

Reply to
zcui

Yellow Pages -- Garage Doors

SJF

Reply to
SJF

That's the best you can come up with? Do you expect people to pick up a book and look through it, maybe make two or three calls to find them? This is the age of the internet. You post a question and others do the work for you. If Google cant find it, you are out of luck. Time to get rid of your old ideas and get into the 21st century.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
zcui

Scott if you would like to email me on this maybe I can Help. anthony--anthony's door systems snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller

Thank you so much Miller!

I actually found a local store which sells the parts and fixed it by myself. The fix is pretty easy.

Thanks Scott

g.a.miller wrote:

Reply to
zcui

Thank you all for the reply.

I found a local store who sells the parts and just replaced the gear. The replacement is pretty easy. It took me about 40 minutes. I am sure it will be less than 15 minutes next time. Also, I got the manual from LiftMaster's website:

Scott

Reply to
zcui