Garage Door-Braces

My neighbor bought a new garage door that is up to code for hurricanes. We had ours re-enforced last year but it is not up to code - we have no vertical braces.

Neighbor said Home Depot or Lowe's had them....they are metal poles, about 4 x 4, that attach to the wall and the floor. You take them off when you don't need them...and just leave the hardware (a flat plate) on the floor and wall.

Does anyone know how much these costs? Are they hard to install? Last year I looked for them but could not find them here....not sure I asked in the right department. Any info would be appreciated.

Reply to
Dorot29701

Here's a google link to a lot of webpages:

This one might be what you are looking for:

I would think you could make one out of 2x4's a lot cheaper than you could buy it. Storage would not be nearly as simple.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

The trick is how to attach it to wall and floor - so it can be taken up when not needed. It has to be attached with something that goes into the floor and wall (or ceiling) deep enough that it won't pull out easily.

Reply to
Dorot29701