GAF TRI-PLY PLY 4 Roofing Felt

WTF? This stuff isn't even waterproof.

Reply to
Davej

It's an under lay it's not supose to be WP

Reply to
NotMe

"Moisture barrier between wood decking and shingles" from...

"...roof felt paper is a heavy duty paper that is used to prevent the ingress of moisture" from...
"Roofing felt acts as a waterproof barrier between the sheathing and the roofing material (shingles, etc.)" from...

Davej

"Moisture barrier between wood decking and shingles" from...

"...roof felt paper is a heavy duty paper that is used to prevent the ingress of moisture" from...
"Roofing felt acts as a waterproof barrier between the sheathing and the roofing material (shingles, etc.)" from...
{{{

I've replace more than a few roofs in family rental property over the past

50 years. In my experience (can you spell real world) felt paper is NOT WATER proof. (I trust your bucket does not have a hole in it ...)
Reply to
NotMe

Well, you're wrong. Roofing felt serves several purposes but one of them is to provide a final layer of protection against wind-driven rain or moisture.

Davej