Furnace brands to avoid?

Twelve years later it still is asked. here is a real life situation. I'm vacationing in Florida for a coupel of weeks. My Son-in-law is the maintenance manger for two apartment complexes bot about 3 years old, both have 400 units. One is all Goodman. The other is all Trane.

The Goodman building had tenants call between 8 and 18 times every day for AC problems. The Trane building had no calls. Now there wre a few calls that were tenant stupidity, but most were actual failures.

Enjoy your Goodman, but I'll go with Trane or Carrier. I'm looking at buyina hose here and they use Trane for reliability and lack of customer call backs.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Have built five houses for HHH, all were fun. Framing day is the best but it is all satisfying.

Just got back (Sunday)from Biloxi where I spent a week rebuilding a Katrina damaged house for a 82 year old widow. Enjoyed that too.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

All furnaces are made the same. The only difference is the printing on the label.

Reply to
Colonel Edmund J. Burke

The best furnace in your area will possibly be different than in mine. Buy the brand with the best support in your area, from the best dealer/installer in your area. It won't be the cheapest up front - but could well be the cheapest in the long term. My brother got a "lemon" from a good dealer and 4 years later got every cent back against the purchace of a new furnace of a different brand. The "lemon" was a Lennox Pulse that failed 3 times in 4 years.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Worked on a few... wrote: Preventive maintenance may not be equally carried out on the head to head property comparison and that would have nothing to do with the installers as well. Maintenance and quality thereof go a very long way in minimizing problems. Shoddy maintenance or wait til someone complains maintenance also go a very, very long way to the other end of the spectrum.

Reply to
Worked on a few...