Fruit flies prevention

I have a Ultrasonic bath and it has been a bee-otch to keep fruit flies out of it.

I have sticky strips all over the place.

I have a cover as well as a piece of foil, but they still manage to get in.

I am looking for some other ideas.

thanks,

Andy

Reply to
AK

Place a two quart wide mouth jar or something similar in the area. Pour a couple of inches of vinegar in the bottom. Fashion a cone of paper with a small opening in the apex and place it in the mouth of the jar. You may be able to adapt a conical coffee filter. You've just constructed a fruit fly trap. They find vinegar irresistible and like a fish trap seldom can locate the small hole where they entered. .

Reply to
rbowman

Clean the kitchen and house. They enter when there are food sources such as apple cores, banana peels, fruit rinds, etc. laying around in the open or in the garbage.

Reply to
Hawk

Thanks, I will try that.

Andy