Frigidaire 10,000 BTU window airconditioner.

I had a so called professional installer do the installation. He installed it with an extreme tilt to the outside. Looks like at least 2 or 3 times what the instructions call for. This concernes me because water does not drain from the drain hole, it over flows from the opposite side of the unit. I'm also concerned that this extreme tilt may effect the opration of the unit. Should I have the installer return and do the job right? I hope that someone can answer these questions for me. Thanks, Jim
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 15:14:02 GMT, James J Guinane

Proper tilt is important for modern window A/C units as they make use of the condensate to assist the condenser cool down the refrigerant.
You can measure the tilt with a very inexpensive inclinometer, such as:
https://www.harborfreight.com/dial-gauge-angle-finder-34214.html
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 11:44:51 AM UTC-4, Stormin' Norman wrote:

Or with a smartphone.
On 8/12/2017 11:14 AM, James J Guinane wrote:

No water should be draining. Properly leveled the water is slung to the condenser coil where it evaporates. The guy did a crappy job.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

To OP, I am unclear as to this: is the water coming inside? Have the installer come back as Ed is spot on.
--
Tekkie

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:26:40 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:

s what

drain

. I'm

It sounds to me that it has an extreme tilt toward the outside. And I thin k the posters who say modern ones rely on the fan tossing some water up to help with the cooling are probably right. The install manual should spec th e tilt.
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 11:55:22 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks. I did not know this. I have a similar window unit in my kitchen that drips into a bucket on the porch that I empty daily. I need to take a closer look.
On 14-Aug-17 8:37 AM, Thomas wrote:

That's true up to a point -- there's a drain hole there for a reason... :)
If there's sufficient humidity in air there can easily be more condensate than the condensor will evaporate so you'll get condensate draining...
If OP's is tilted so badly it overruns the lip of the bottom case as he indicates, probably either the drain is plugged or there's a sideways tilt or other obstruction preventing condensate from going out the drain but is pooling at the low spot. The lip would have to be higher than the drain which seems incredible or perhaps there are obstructions between that act as dam preventing the flow...
Either way, the condensate beyond what the condensor _can_ evaporate should go out the drain hole...

On 8/14/2017 11:13 AM, dpb wrote:

Nope.

I have a 10,000 BTU Frigidaire air conditioner. There is no drain hole. If the installer made a drain hole he owes her a new AC.
Mine barely has pith and it never drips.