looking for advice with concrete deck project

Need some help with concrete deck project..... My 67 year old house is brick, and at some point there was an addition to the back of the house, so lots of bricks were removed. Can I use these (construction bricks?) in the concrete? I am thinking to make a footing around the outside of slab and through the middle, then lay bricks with about 1/2 inch mortar on the footing. Would I need to apply some kind of sealer to mortar? these bricks have 3 holes in them too, so I will fill holes with mortar. I live in Michigan zone 5, so water getting in and freezing & cracking bricks is my concern.
replying to daisy, Iggy wrote: Yep, you'll want to seal everything, look into Radon Seal ( https://www.radonseal.com/ ) it's the far and away best, because it's permanent. Although, in a horizontal situation the joints between different materials will eventually open and need caulking. But yes, those types of Construction Bricks are intended for exterior use and should do very well for a good long time.