Friggin' microwave died....need replacement recommendations.

[snip]

We have a countertop Sharp, a $65 unit we bought as part of our hurricane emergency kit, to use if storms knock out our power and we go to generator power. It sits out in the garage unless we have a power outage. We also recently replaced a failed GE microwave/convection over-the-range model with a Whirlpool Gold microwave -- it fit in the old space and is very easy to use -- I'll let you know in 20 years whether it's reliable. We chose the Whirlpool primarily because of its features, that it had the correct fittings for use as the exhaust fan, and the exhaust filters seemed to be properly placed, easy to get to and easy to clean.

Reply to
JimR

Ooh, good point about looking for easily cleaned exhaust filters.

By the way, one poster mentioned that a turntable is essential; not so. What is essential is that the microwave's hot and cold spots be "moved around," as it were (microwaves being an uneven heating source). Some microwaves do this by using a turntable to move the food in and out of the hot/cold spots, some do it by incorporating a "stirrer" that moves the microwaves themselves around.

Jo Ann

JimR wrote:

Reply to
jah213