Followup on strange electrical box.

Remember the dull green box near my house that was 6" wide and 2" deep and 3 feet high?

The lid was off it, and I called BG&E. About a month ago.

I had taped it up nice, but I guess they opened it up and retaped it ugly. I was going to redo that but thought I'd wait a bit.

A week ago, I saw red markings on the grass, with a red circle around the box, and 6 foot lines terminating in arrows in two directions and further in one direction more red lines on the ground, some sort of fork.

Tonight when I walked by, the whole box was gone, and there was some straw where it had been.

I somwhat wish I had opened it and found out what the switch inside controlled (our street lights?) or if it was a receptacle insttead, but too late now. I think maybe I should have just taped it up nice, although the padlock tab was broken off, and the little solid brass padlock with it. I hope they don't charge our HOA for this, and I'm not going to tell them I called! :)

Reply to
mm

Too late. They charged us 500 bucks for two calls to that box. The HOA is obligated to pay for your unnecessary meddling into something that didnt concern you. You should of called the head of the HOA before getting involved. Worse the power company has backcharged us for the existence of the box all the way back to the time of the original build.

the total for your mucking around is over 10 grand, and you sir by admitting it here arer being sued for the total costs plus lawyer fees. 20 grand should cover it.

thanks for posting this publically the patriot act made it very easy to trace you. . . . . . ' HO HO HO HAD YOU GOING JUST FOR A MOMENT:):):):):)

truly you did a good thing making it safe!

Reply to
hallerb