flourescent wiring

For typical shop light fixtures, is 14-2 sufficient for wiring?

Reply to
Chris Carruth

yes, up to 1440 watts about.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I think most codes require that you run AC (armored cable) into the fixture, rather than romex.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

shop lights usually come with a cord. I only set an outlet, and plug them in. Armored cable is not required in private garages above 8'. (mine doesn't have anything BUT NM in it.)

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Chris Carruth posted for all of us...

Since you have done NO research - no! A minimum of 250 mcm.

Reply to
Tekkie®