Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries (2023 Update)

HA. No way I can seal openings to my house...I'd have to rebuild the monster. BUT one benefit, I do have a huge carpet snake who reigns supreme in the roof cavity and have had no rats/mice since in there. BUT the sheds on our place are home sweet home to them and I do use poison there to control the numbers. ALWAYs make sure the bait is inside a container to keep domestic pets, owls, children from getting into it. OR fasten the pellets w holes thru em with wire to weights so rodents can't drag it outside. which they will do. then u risk killing pets, kids, raptors etc. a big NO NO. I use the flour/cement so there's no risk of secondary kill...altho I'm sure anything eating a rat w cement guts will get severe indigestion- i'm hoping they're smart enough to spit out the bad bits. Another thing, when u find dead rodents from baiting...please do bury them really deep, perhaps w a rock on em too to protect wildlife.

Reply to
Una

You need to keep them inside because they are adept murderers of wildlife. They say approximately 120 birds/mammals die yearly for each cat left to roam outside. CATS ARE FERAL ANIMALS HERE. I love cats but would never have one that roamed outside. I'd have a cat door into a screened outdoor cat room. Sorry but we've been slackers for far too long on this. IF you love cats...you gotta make the space to suit them. DIY wouldn't cost u much so that's the cost of responsible pet ownership.

Reply to
Una

Same argument applies to your good self! Do you go out? What about being run over by a car? Catching a disease from someone who hasn't washed their hands after going to the toilet or picking their nose, being chased by a viscous dog, mugged for your phone and or wallet (at least a cat hasn't got that to worry about!). Have you never come across the issues of animal mental health, animal wellbeing, animal psychology? Grow up and think about the animal's welfare instead of your own anthropomorphic 'feel good' emotions.Try reading a book about these issues and inform yourself.

Reply to
dafyddcoch

Only 11 years this time.

Reply to
lacksey

Glen20 (spray) removed odours easily

Reply to
Jas

I guess you can alter the ingredients if you want but the old man who told me this used cement and flour as do I. There is no guarantee where they will die of course. I always but it outside away from the house and normally it kills everything within quite a distance.

Reply to
Kevinkirk51@gmail.com