Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

Page 2 of 3
replying to Brooklyn1, Sassy wrote: I apologize but I couldn't help but laugh at what you said to that person. But I do agree with you
replying to Brooklyn1, frosty. wrote: Cause they're cats you cretin, not goldfish.
Have your hysterics in a Safe Space with the other children.
replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote: OMG - cats outdoors? Are you kidding? Everybody knows that cats live in houses. Before people kept cats as pets, cats used to build the most magnificent houses from rainbows and wishes. They often had pet unicorns too, who bred mice and rats for the cats to eat at parties they hosted for fairies and elves and Santa and the Easter Bunny.
I doubt that you'd be capable of tying a knot.
replying to Billy, CJAD wrote:

All of a sudden this becomes an argument about cats... WTF!
replying to Billy, jbonnet wrote: We bought a house last year and the previous owner put rat poison EVERYWHERE. We are still finding packets tucked in corners of the house, and we are still finding dead rats on the property (we live on 5 acres in the forest). We are against the use of poisons because of the collateral damage such as pets. Earlier this year we found the most gorgeous fox dead on our spring box -- it was in search of water and likely died from eating a poisoned rat. If we poison the rats and mice, we poison the beautiful forest we live in. Traps are the way to go, if you must, but sealing up the house is the best option.
replying to ransley, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: THEY ARE SELLING IT. CEMENT...AND FLOUR....

A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.

I've thought about it, but the little rat keeps running away ;O)
--
- Billy
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:46:39 -0800, Billy wrote:

Time to bring the cats back into the thread....
replying to jellybean stonerfish, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: Cats work well also as rat and mice preventers. Especially outdoor barn cats who live outside all the time

Being "humane" is the reason I will never, ever use a 'glue trap' again. One time was enough to turn my stomach.
Harry K
On 1/27/2011 9:59 AM, Harry K wrote:

You should see what a rat trap does to a mouse. The look on the face of the little mouse conveys extreme surprise and shocked disbelief after the bar crushes its little backside. The last ultrasonic squeak of WTF in mouse-speak is frozen in its tiny countenance forever or until it is consumed by other smaller vermin or it desiccates and eventually turns to dust. :-)
TDD
replying to The Daring Dufas, Sassy wrote: Lol, I can't help it but you guys have me cracking up tonight, I swear I was searching the recipe for the cement mouse bait so I can get rid of these pathetic mice that seems to be too smart for my traps and I tell you I had some stomach aching laughs tonight. Lol. I wish I could see the look on the mouse face and I hope I catch these bastards and get rid of them ASAP and hopefully they'll have the same look

Quite a lot of replies, but I am hoping someone can actually respond specifically to my queries. Where I may place a flour/cement mix, there would be no other animals, only rats or mice. Totally sealing up the roofspace 100% is not a viable option at the moment.
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 02:53:51 -0800 (PST), Gas Bag

Why not?

What about mine..."D'CONcrete is whot make it work mon!"
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: I would out it outside around the house. They will find it I think.
replying to Gas Bag, TROUTREPUBLIC.COM wrote:

WORKS VERY VERY WELL. old farm trick to save your cats and dogs from poison. I use about 25% CEMENT OR GROUT . MICE DONT SMELL WHEN DEAD AAS THERE IS LIME IN THE CEMENT.
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: Tile grout will work too. It is very effective but I don't know how you can know where they will die. I would put out straight flour for a week the add cement. The lime in cement helps with smell somewhat . I never add anything to it as I don't want it to spoil and smell. They est it just fine as is.
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: They can smell the flour from a long ways away. You have to understand they are busy creatures and go quite a ways in search of food. I place it in dry areas under trailers, along the side of the house, in the garage and barns. Usually put out a pan of water too. They can smell that a long ways too I believe.