Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries (2023 Update)

replying to The Daring Dufas, Sassy wrote: Lol, I can't help it but you guys have me cracking up tonight, I swear I was searching the recipe for the cement mouse bait so I can get rid of these pathetic mice that seems to be too smart for my traps and I tell you I had some stomach aching laughs tonight. Lol. I wish I could see the look on the mouse face and I hope I catch these bastards and get rid of them ASAP and hopefully they'll have the same look

Reply to
Sassy

replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: There are no guarantees where they will die. I just use flour and cement. Works every time.

Reply to
Kevin Kirkpatrick

replying to Brooklyn1, frosty. wrote: Cause they're cats you cretin, not goldfish.

Have your hysterics in a Safe Space with the other children.

Reply to
frosty.

replying to Billy, jbonnet wrote: We bought a house last year and the previous owner put rat poison EVERYWHERE. We are still finding packets tucked in corners of the house, and we are still finding dead rats on the property (we live on 5 acres in the forest). We are against the use of poisons because of the collateral damage such as pets. Earlier this year we found the most gorgeous fox dead on our spring box -- it was in search of water and likely died from eating a poisoned rat. If we poison the rats and mice, we poison the beautiful forest we live in. Traps are the way to go, if you must, but sealing up the house is the best option.

Reply to
jbonnet

replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote: OMG - cats outdoors? Are you kidding? Everybody knows that cats live in houses. Before people kept cats as pets, cats used to build the most magnificent houses from rainbows and wishes. They often had pet unicorns too, who bred mice and rats for the cats to eat at parties they hosted for fairies and elves and Santa and the Easter Bunny.

I doubt that you'd be capable of tying a knot.

Reply to
Rusty Fox

replying to Brooklyn1, Rusty Fox wrote: Yet further evidence that you are uneducated. Only one 'r' in 'feral'. I'm surprised you could spell IQ correctly! Now, do you know what IQ means? Of course not...

Reply to
Rusty Fox

replying to Gas Bag, Tdp wrote: Did you get an answer to your question about mice? I cleaned my garage today and suddenly saw one trying to climb up our brick into my bathroom window. I want to kill them and deter them. I can't bait them. Do you have any new ideas? Please email me - snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. I'm terrified of them.

Reply to
Tdp

replying to Brooklyn1, Yo wrote: Okay so they're one of the best hunters on the planet yet simultaneously have no survival skills. Dude get out of here with your alternative facts. I'm sorry someone shot your cat once but that's very rare and if its not I want cited proof, not your word.

Reply to
Yo

replying to Gas Bag, cj wrote: I used the flour and cement mixture, then I just started using the cement alone. To attract the rats I buy a bag of gum drops. I mash them up and run a little water over them to make them sticky. I put them in a little container and pour the cement over them. The rats love them. So far the rats/mice seem to run outside. I've picked up dead ones outside. They don't seem to hide in the walls or wherever. Dogs and cats are not attracted to this, and shouldn't be harmed.-cj

Reply to
cj

I have never understood why, if someone wants or needs to kill small rodents, they don't simply go to the hardware or farm store and buy the proper product. Surely their time wasted in compounding and deploying some voodoo mixture which may or may not work effectively must be worth something.

Reply to
John McGaw

replying to Brooklyn1, bandmaster wrote: Because cats are animals and they can live outside. Animals live their whole lives outside.

Reply to
bandmaster

replying to John McGaw, whoisjohndoe wrote: Seriously, stop being an idiot about a pest problem. These creatures reproduce quicker than you would eliminate the few which are invading your homestead. How do you think The Plague became so devastating? What a dumb @$$!

Reply to
whoisjohndoe

replying to Gas Bag, Really Disgusted wrote: This is one of the most disturbing ideas I have heard in a long time. What an incredibly slow and painful way to die. This is beyond cruel. Have you given any thought to what you are considering? Perhaps the novel idea was funny at first? This is demented.

Reply to
Really Disgusted

Rats and mice are not sentient beings, just like spiders I don't care what happens to them. You do realise that the LEGAL Rentokill poison dehydrates them and they die slowly and painfully over 3 days?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I find this absurd coming from a non-vegetarian. Death is a million times worse than torture. Wouldn't you rather be tortured for 3 days and live, than be killed instantly? Hint: the first one means you get to keep your life.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Agreed 100%.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You've quoted PETA, you lose the argument immediately. They're a f***ed up over the top organisation like Greenpeace.

Rats cause disease. They enter my house without permission. Therefore they die.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Explain your side of the argument and answer the simple question I posed you.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

replying to Gilla Badaloo, Pen68 wrote: How do you make it? My rodents are smart and nothing is working. I put steel wool in the opening that they were coming in so apparently they made another somewhere else

Reply to
Pen68