floor moulding door trim

I'm thinking about replacing my floor moulding and have heard that the floor moulding and door trim must match in order to be "proper". is this true?

Reply to
tommynospam

According to Miss Manners, yes, to entertain with mis-matched trim you would be dropped from the invitation list for the upcoming social season. You'll find yourself sitting home alone on New Year's Eve.

Just use a little common sense. If one is painted, both probably should be painted If one is rather gaudy, the other may look out of place if a plain clamshell. Your house, your rules, but you probably want something that complements the style of the house.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski