Flickering display is all i get

My system has been installed for many = 10+ years. Recently it has failed to turn on in any mode. When prompting any of three valves in the system all that happens is that I get a series of flashing time numbers in the time display. They flash for approximately 5 seconds then the time is correctly displayed once again: none of the valves open.

Reply to
Mack Lockford

your system uses valves? I'd try transistors

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

What system?

Reply to
philo

My inkjet printer flickers like that too. Clean the cartridges and the contacts.

Oh, sorry. I missed the mention of valves. You're having problems with the refueling system for naval ships.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The OP obviously doesn't post very often or he/she would have known to tell us what kind of system he is talking about, and to expect lots of grief from not telling us.

Reply to
hrhofmann

You should drive it to the dealership, for a diagnostic. Can't cost all that much. Are you burning ethanol fuel, or pure gas? It's plenty cold out, be sure to also have the battery checked.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wasn't it obvious? It's a vehicle, probably Chrysler.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, in that case, he's a fuel supplier from DevDapXir, the top secret place. As such, he's about to get investigated for breach of confidential info.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon