fist-sized hole repair

Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

sort=3&page=1

Reply to
JohnK

It is a fairly nice older 14x80 mobile home. Those walls are sheetrock with a factory applied design. It has a texture like a dollar bill.

The link in the first post tells the story with photos: Problem tenant evicted and the condition of the mobile home after retaking possession.

Reply to
JohnK

Great link. Thanks!

Reply to
JohnK

You may be able to find a mobile home manufacturer for replacement sheets, more so, to match the texture. Also, with many holes, sometimes it's best to cut a section and install a new sheet the same size, then all you need to do is mud the seam.

Reply to
Meanie

After doing the patch work, thin down (with water) some dry wall mud and use a rough patterned paint roller to the entire wall and you get a nice texture. that is what I do. Then repaint. WW

Hi All,

I've got some fist-size holes in patterned sheetrock. Anyone ever come up with a better solution than re-skinning the walls?

Got a few repairs to do:

sort=3&page=1

Reply to
WW

Sheetrock seems very odd in a trailer. I've seen a very thin plywood.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

That's what it looks like - 1/4" vinyl covered plywood - the divider moulding is a dead giveaway

Bob(but not THAT Bob)

Get a patching kit from home depot. Will take as long as it takes for the mud and paint to dry. For more information

Albert Mclaren