Fisher Scientific Isotemp Refrigerator not working

Hi

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows how to deal with laboratory refrigerators. I have looked at many websites but they deal with household refrigerators - and for some reason are quite different from a laboratory refrigerator.

The refrigerator (-20C) stopped working one day and there was water all on the floor. I called the fisher scientific ppl and they said to defrost it completely and then try it again. It didnt work after a complete defrost. I suspect it could be the compressor, but I do not know how to open it up and whether it is safe to do so (apparantly there is a capacitor somewhere that is lethal). I cant even seem to find the relay or the cooling fins in the back.

Can someone help or direct me to a site with appropriate information. Thanks Shahriar

Reply to
skhushrushahi

minus 20 C, chances are you need a complete set of HVAC tools, vacuum pump gauges, dial charge, tanks and a lot of electrical tools as well. Screwing around with refrigerants now days with out the proper licenses and training is just stupid.

Time to let your finger do the walking.

Reply to
SQLit