Finishing drywall question.

I have a studio in my garage in which I lowered the ceiling. I've finished all of the drywall on the walls. But I never got around to doing the ceiling. No tape yet or anything. I was thinking.. could I sort of wallpaper it with posters and not worry about finishing it? Would it be as effective in covering the gaps and such?

Reply to
docgorpon

required type and thickness of drywall is to be finished and sealed, primered, painted in buffalo ny in a heated single home. complete drywall info at:

long, no answer, question needs more info: this type of construction may require properly installed single or double layer rated 5/8"X fire coded drywall depending on your building's permitted use as determined by your address/town/zoning ordinances. this is a broad question best answered locally. for tips on installation, see drywall manufacturer's website. determine where? climate, humidity day/night, building codes. why? for what use? is this a sleeping studio apartment? is this heated year-round? does the garage structure connect to a residential dwelling? will this be an additional dwelling? how? construction type of existing garage, attached dwelling]. there is exterior fire rated drywall manufactured as well. if the garage is attached/detached from the home there is a different answer, also if there is one/two/three or more units of residents in the property has a different answer. was insulation required?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
buffalobill

Reply to
Dean

I thought we were doing away with the telegraph (morse code)? lol

| | snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: | > I have a studio in my garage in which I lowered the ceiling. I've | > finished all of the drywall on the walls. But I never got around to | > doing the ceiling. No tape yet or anything. I was thinking.. could I | > sort of wallpaper it with posters and not worry about finishing it? | > Would it be as effective in covering the gaps and such? |

Reply to
the sagacious dolt

LOL,,I believe Yer right! No more clickety clack tap tap these days.. I've seen butt joints that were only pulled with 1 pass from a 12" DW knife then covered with vinyl wall covering,,I could easily find butt joints everywhere in the 2 story semi-upscale motel even tho covered by the thicker wallcovering..I still pull butt joints 3' wide like "old days" quality..Side note;;Vinyl is nice when it's time to remove it,,it comes off in big pieces compared to conventional wallpaper..For Folks that like to change the feel of walls every few years vinyl is a good(though expensive)alternative.. Dean

Reply to
Dean

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt