Fence stain

Hi everyone,

A couple of years ago I purchased 15 gallons of Latex Cedar Stain from Kmart manufactured by St. Louis Paint manufacturing. The price per gallon was only

3.99. This past week we went and put it on our fence and have come up a few gallons short. Problem is that kmart doesn't stock it any longer and when I found the company on the net and called, the number comes up no longer in service.

I am looking for info if they moved or if their is another brand that might be similar. I checked home depot and a few local places and none had anything really close to color or even type. They were more like paints vs this which was very thin like a true stain. BTW, I'm very pleased with how it made my old fence look nice again.

Thanks,

Oliver

Reply to
V8TR4

Look for a transparent stain. You might do better at a real paint store. You will never match it exactly. You can do what the automobile body men do and spray it, blending the old into the new with light spray coats from one area to another.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

A real paint store will match it for you , if you request them to. test color and dont accept it if it doesnt match. Color matching is no big deal

Reply to
mark Ransley

bet you not gonna find it at any place for $3.99 per gallon.. i went to Sherwin williams and found out that a quart of paint there would cost me $12.45 for them to match up what i wanted... i bought some at K-mart also and the few years was probably like 1960 or so...if you go to sherwinn williams and get a gallon to match its gonna be $28 per gallon... prices do go up....

Reply to
jim