Feather River (Home Depot) vs Pella (Lowes)

Wife and I are shopping for a non-steel front entry door. We are looking right now at either "Feather River" (Trinity Glass doors are marketed as "Feather River" at Home Depot) or Pella.

The Pella door is about $200.00 more.

We're not really into paying for the prestige of the "Pella" name, so there's no reason to buy it if it's not really better.

Does anybody have any experience with this product (Feather River or Pella)? Good things to say? Bad things to say?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall

From what I have seen Pella is competitive in price , it is probably a better door and hardware.

Reply to
m Ransley

I had a Pella slider for 15 years and it was worth EVERY penny. As for a front door though I'm not sure.

Reply to
altitude

Go with the Pella. 25 years from now you will have someone to call for parts.

Reply to
Art