Fear of technology

They also list book, email, etc.

Electricity: When electricity started arriving on the scene in the 19th century, many people were too afraid to use it. U.S. President Benjamin Harrison was apparently one of them. Harrison reportedly had White House staff turn the lights on and off because he was scared of getting electrocuted. Similarly, the general public also feared electric doorbells when they were first rolled out. Imagine how shocked they’d be at electricity’s ubiquity now. Okay, that was a bad pun. Scary bad.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't know if this is any problem or just fake. I clicked through the links and a big warning came on my screen claiming a computer virus got into my system. It said call Mac and they'd help me get rid of the problem.

Reply to
Dean

Works ok for me, just tried it again.

Reply to
Ed P

According to Wiki Topsy's demise wasn't used during Edison and Westinghouse's war.

rbowman

Link seems valid and safe on my firefox browser running win10 64 bit. Maybe you are infected with malware. Time to scan your system with an anti-malware program.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

I think there's a phishing exploit out there which looks like that.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Same here.

Also appears to me that many years ago electrical stuff was a lot more hazardous.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

"Writing: As great a philosopher as he was, Socrates had his moments of idiocy too. He was not big on actually committing ideas to paper, for example, because he thought it would result in peoples’ memories getting worse. In his own words, “This discovery of yours will create forgetfulness in the learners’ souls, because they will not use their memories; they will trust to the external written characters and not remember of themselves.” Thank the stars nobody listened to the old coot, because if I had to orally recite every blog post, I’d be crazier than he was."

Not the same thing, but I have a friend who wants to know everythign I do and it seems everything I think. And I tell her, and for years I've wondered if telling her things reinforces them in my own memory so I can recall them later, or if it is like giving it to her and taking it away from me. That I won't remember anything I tell her.

A lot of people get a screen like that. I did a couple years ago a few times. I don't remember if running a virus scan found it or not, but you should do that. maybe even two companies like Malwarebytes will let you do a scan for free (Like most of them, they only charge if want constant protection.) It didn't cause any harm, but a different version could. It's not the website you went to but something in your pc iiuc.

Reply to
micky