Favorite over the air TV shows

Who has the middle of the days/mornings for watching TV, pray tell?

Which leads to the secondary of what do all these thugs in Portland, etc., do for a living when they're not out vandalizing and looting and pillaging???

I've been giggling over Lisa last month or two--never saw most of them when were on originally.

Carol Burnett is better than the evening news about 90% of the time so she's been getting her innings as well, hit 'n miss, when they're doing nothing but obsessing over COVID on news (which is most of it, these days). What am I supposed to do with that...nothing I can do about Miami or Houston/Dallas...

Reply to
dpb

I can relate to that. I think I fell asleep watching the Saturday night horror movies, And there was no way to record them.

When I was little, I watched tv on my belly with my head resting on my hands, my elbows on the floor. But my arms got too long. I really missed that position for a long time.

Reply to
micky

On that last point, Jack Webb made sure of that. :) He had some strong opinions on hippies, drugs, things like that, and those things made it into the show.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

It happens that Jim Joyce formulated :

Wow!

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I really like Gunsmoke and Rifleman.

I think Gunsmoke still holds the record for longest running show.

Andy

Reply to
AK

The Simpsons hold the record. Then Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Then Gunsmoke tied with Law and Order

Reply to
Hawk

Simpsons beats it now with 654 episodes. Gunsmoke 635 over 20 years.

The 5 Longest-Running TV Shows of All Time The Simpsons | Fox. Gunsmoke | CBS. Law & Order | NBC. South Park | Comedy Central. Law & Order: SVU | NBC.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I like the Rifleman, but what gets me is that no matter how old his kid gets or as many times as he sees his father in trouble, he still doesn't know what to do. He's a wimp. One time he threw his father the gun instead of shooting the guy himself Wasted time, and what if he didn't catch it.

Reply to
micky

I thought Dragnet was pretty corny the first time around.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, it was not authentic like Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

10-4 ;-)

All of those shows have run at one time or another in the last year or so, including Sea Hunt. I still have a few Highway Patrol episodes on my TiVo

Reply to
gfretwell

Just the facts, ma'am.

Reply to
devnull

Wally's Workshop

Reply to
cable_shill

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:em.

Bingo

Reply to
Thomas